The Reason Why I Want to Write

Only a true artist can write is a myth.

When I started writing it was simple. Whatever thoughts came to my head I poured it down on the internet. My first ever blog received a good response. I even promoted it online. It is filled with grammatical mistakes and misinformation. It was still perfect. You see, trying something new isn’t gonna be easy. Time and effort go into making pyramids that weren't built in a day. Sometimes you spend hours writing just one line. It should not have to be that tough. It’s my thoughts; why can’t I express them? The answer is very simple but very difficult when you execute. 


Let me share with you a story,


“A Boy lived in a Village. He thinks he is surrounded by stupid people. Any time he tries to bring new equipment for farming, their villagers heckle him or stop him from using it. Although, he did manage to make them accept little changes they went back to using old techniques. He grew tired and stopped caring. Because he also has a lot on his plate. Slowly, steadily he turned into the rest of the villagers. Became a regular person like the other villagers.” 


What is the moral of the story?


The moral of the story is, When you have a new idea there will always be other elements to prevent that idea from coming out. When you are thinking you can’t just focus on the topic because other related topics will veer you off the course. 


So can you increase your focus?


No.  It wasn’t the answer that you were looking for but it is the conclusion that I am offering. It is totally against every motivational speaker’s speech. But it’s my opinion. Ideas are distractions, they are not something you are born with. It is not like breathing, metabolizing and much more. If it wasn’t for our distraction tendency we cannot produce new ideas. We will act as villagers from stories for the rest of our life.


Is writing tough?


Yes. It is a subjective thought but a good writer never chooses what to write. That being said, we cannot choose what we want to write. Most of us are forced to write on someone else's will. It is easy to develop writing habits but catering to someone else’s beliefs and conveying our thoughts through their lens is pretty tough. Not only you’re not organizing your own idea, but you're also thinking of someone else’s mind as well. 


What are you doing about this then?


I am simply taking things slow. I know I am not getting much success out of this one but I do believe it is the right thing to do. I will always feel better if writing comes organically to me rather than it is forced upon me. Just to clarify, this is not a shot on those who work for someone else. This is the reason why I want to write.


The End


The Reason Why I Want to Write



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am a Guitarist

I am an Office Worker.

The Journey Of MARVEL vs DC